Since the interest for the MSE program is constantly increasing, the admission exam is alongside Zagreb also administered in Israel, Sweden and Germany. All the prospective candidates who are planning to pursue their academic career at this program should pass through a very strict admission procedure, i.e. testing in biology, chemistry and physics. Due to the variations in the grading systems applied internationally, the overall average grade achieved in the course of their high-school education is not taken as a criterion for admission.
The ratio of the applicants and the enrolled students in academic year 2014/2015 was 4:1. In the period from 2009 to 2014, 106 students graduated from the MSE program.
All the candidates should send these application items:
1) Evaluation of the secondary school grades.
2) Written exam in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.: Two sessions are proposed: First session june the 16th and second session July the 12th.
Les candidatures aux examens d’entrée doivent être soumises via le formulaire présent sur notre site internet, selon le calendrier :
– First online entrance exam – June 16th, 2023 and applications should be submitted until June the first, 2023.
– Second online entrance exam – July 12th, 2023 and applications should be submitted until July the first, 2023.
– Applicants have to take the entrance exam composed of high-school level biology, physics and chemistry. The test consists of 120 questions, with 40 questions from each subject.
To pass the exam an applicant has to answer correctly to at least 15 questions from each subject and have a total of 61 correct answers.
Entrance exam application:
Requirements for the entrance exam can be found here : « Entrance exam info »
3) Is it possible to integrate the MSE program without entrance exam? YES BUT You must go through the procedure of partial exemption from studies. dispense partielle d’études
The following candidates may be exempted from the entrance examination:
– Applicants who have completed a pre-medical college or passed internationally recognized exams (MCAT – with minimal score 125 for each section)
Candidates who have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences with good credits in biology, physics, chemistry
– Applicants who have taken the Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) – terms November 2021 and February 2022
The deadline for applications for above mentioned applicants is June the first, 2023 . Places available for this category are 10. The applicants will be informed about the results until 19 June, 2023.
4) Candidates who are neither native speakers of English, nor have graduated from an English-speaking secondary school or college are required to take an internationally recognized English language proficiency test (TOEFL – paper based test 500, internet based test 60, computer based test 170, IELTS – 6). Cambridge and Oxford English language exams and certificates issued by (foreign) language schools (C1 level) are also accepted, as well as certificates of English language proficiency issued by a secondary school a candidate attended.
Transfer students may only be admitted to the second year. Evaluations are made after receipt of all required application materials, along with detailed course descriptions and transcripts. Applications are due by June 20, 2023.
6) Satisfactorily completed health requirements indicating the absence of any health problems at the time of enrollment in any of the positions/vocational qualifications for which students are trained. By producing a health certificate issued by a licensed school health physician, the student meets the health requirements. Applicants who do not meet any of the eliminatory health criteria set forth below will not be considered for any new admissions competition.
7) Health requirements for medical studies are as follows :
- acceptable eyesight with or without corrections
- acceptable eyesight with or without corrections
- acceptable hearing with or without hearing aid (there must be an option to adapt the hearing aid to medical instruments)
- capacité normale de communication verbale et d’expression de la parole et de manière bien articulée
- normal function of the musculoskeletal system, torso upper and lower extremities
- mobilité fonctionnelle préservée de la colonne vertébrale, membres supérieurs et inférieurs dans les limites physiologiques, motricité globale et fine normale des membres supérieurs et inférieurs
- normal balance and stabile state of consciousness
- absence of severe and permanent conditions
- normal cognitive functioning
- normal emotional functioning
- normal psycho-motoric functioning (entails normal mental function controls of motor and psychological processes within the body)
- allergic reactions to professional allergens – drugs (inhalation and contact)
- regular immunization according to the valid immunization schedule for each candidate
8) Candidates who fully comply with the prescribed health criteria are ranked according to their achievement in the course of the admission procedure for enrollment into the Integrated Undergraduate and Graduate Program of Studies in Medicine in the English Language. The Admission Board ranks the candidates according to the published vacancies for each place of taking the admission test and decides on the number of candidates who have qualified for the admission as prescribed by admission regulations.
Check Application procedure for more information
Enrollment procedure :
– The maximum number of admitted students per year will be 50. Selected students will be sent an Offer of place followed by the Letter of Acceptance and the Contract.
The academic year begins with the winter semester – early September. Students have two weeks of winter vacation around Christmas and New Year while summer vacation begins at the end of July. Examination sessions are at the end of each course and in July and September.
Tuition fees are 12,000 euros per year.
All applicants must provide the following items:
1) Completed application form
International student application form
2) Originals or certified copies of their secondary school certificates (for all the years of secondary school and the final certificate of education) with official transcript of grades (Translated to English).
3) Certificates of higher courses or degrees (college/university), translated to English, if any
Applicants who obtained their university degree abroad will have to get their period of study recognized in the Republic of Croatia in order to be fully enrolled.
4) Officially attested English translation of their secondary school/ graduation certificates if these weren’t originally written in English or Croatian.
5) Curriculum vitae in English
6) 2 photographs, 4×6 cm (not older than six months)
7) Application fee in amount of 200 euro payable directly to our account :
Beneficiary : Medicinski Fakultet Zagreb – Medical Studies in English
Purpose : Application fee for Medical Studies in English
BANK NAME: PRIVREDNA BANKA ZAGREB
BRANCH ADDRESS: Radnicka 50
VILLE : Zagreb
POST CODE : 10000
SWIFT / BIC CODE : PBZGHR2X
IBAN CODE : HR8423400091110024619
Détails des frais : OUR (toutes les dépenses sont couvertes par le demandeur)
Poziv na broj 5100
8) Original certificate of the medical and psychophysical capabilities to study medicine (not older than 1 month) issued by the competent physician of general medicine (not a family member) and the completed questionnaire.
9) Photocopy of relevant passport pages with the data and picture
10) Original or certified copy of their birth certificate (“domovnica”, “rodni list” originals and copy of your ID for Croatian citizens)
11) Financial statement attesting that the applicant or his/her guardian has sufficient financial resources to finance his/her studies (bank statement or statement of financial support).
12) Certificate of proficiency in English (TOEFL, IELTS…). Cambridge and Oxford English exams and certificates issued by (foreign) language schools (level between B1 & B2) are also accepted, as well as English proficiency certificates issued by a high school attended by the applicant.
Please send your complete applications to the Loire & Orléans For Healthcare organization via the dedicated form accessible below by clicking on the « Apply » button:
Deadline for applications is June the 1st for the June session and July the 1st for the second July session. The deadline for applicants taking BMAT/MCAT test or BA/Bsc is June 15, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.